Saturday, January 14, 2012

Awesome Local Band vol. 1: Electric Shepherd

We in the Bay Area are pretty damn spoiled when it comes to psychedelic rock. It seems like you can't take more than two steps without tripping (pun intended) over some new outfit with sweet, searing riffs. Electric Shepherd are recent favorites of mine that I've been playing on my show just about every week since I first heard them. They are also super nice guys that tried to sneak me into their 21+ show. The attempt was unsuccessful, but I'm eternally grateful for that, as well as their generosity and support of KZSU.

Electric Shepherd – Electric Shepherd (self-released)



















This local psych-rock trio (though they have since become a four-piece) released their debut album on their own, and also played at KZSU on our Wednesday Night Live show. Their unique blend of Blue Cheer-esque summery groove, intricate jazzy psychedelia, and dreamy-yet-tangible songwriting makes this a winner for me. I can’t stop listening to their tune “Down The River” but all the tracks are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment